This version of the engine was based on DirectX 9.0c fixed function pipeline. It was started after I learned some basic DirectX stuff. Initially, it was basically a 2D engine based on sprite animations, 2D collisions, etc. Later I added some 3D stuff also in their basic form like terrain renderer, lighting, blending effects like water, full-screen, underwater effect, particles, loading static meshes, etc.
- Based on DirectX 9 Fixed-Function pipeline.
- Support for 2D Sprite Animations.
- Support for lights Ambient Light,Point Light, Directional Light and Spot Light.
- Underwater effects
- Other blending effects for water, detail mapping for terrain, etc.
- Loading static meshes from x files. Picking.
- Loading Textures and Material files.
- 2D player controllers
- 2D Collision System.
- 2D Newtonian physics
- Saving / Loading levels using text-based file format.
- MapEditor 1 – 2D Map Editor made using C# (for Gui) and VC++ (my engine).
- Particle Editor – To create / test different types of particle system.